How to Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Many people created a Facebook account concerning a years earlier when it erupted onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of senior high school. Against my moms and dads' desires, I had actually gotten on Myspace for concerning a year or two (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't wish to miss out on the action.

So I quickly created an account while my parents were asleep one evening.

As you can visualize, freshman-year Holly was not my ideal self. Immature, insecure, as well as a little weird, I developed a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so terrific now as a young professional.

If you resemble me and also created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the exact same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

How To Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username does not appear large on your profile or anything. Fortunately. However it does appear as part of your Facebook web page URL. That by itself makes it worthwhile to change to something more appropriate.

Luckily, it's relatively basic! Comply with along as well as I'll show you just how.

Action 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you utilized to produce your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally developed your Facebook web page a years back, you may make use of a now-defunct e-mail to check in. I recognize I do. There's a simple method to update that while transforming your LINK, which I'll enter later on.

Action 2: Browse to Settings.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your good friends' engagements and infants as well as inebriated evenings out will inhabit your display. Maybe you'll also detect some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Want to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the very right, you'll see a tiny arrow pointing down. Click that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click Setups, which is 2nd from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups page that you're now on, look at the second choice from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to transform your username as well as LINK.

Now that there are 2.23 billion month-to-month active Facebook individuals out there, it could be hard to find up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will certainly let you recognize if the username is offered or otherwise when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



When you discover a readily available username, click Save.

Currently you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I pointed out above, if you are using an obsolete e-mail, this is also the area you can change that! Directly below username is a field called Contact, where you can update your email address to whatever you presently utilize.

Step 4: Inspect Facebook LINK.

To examine that your changes have actually conserved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the top right corner.

As soon as on your account, take a look at the LINK. It needs to be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Now you no longer need to live under whatever tag your high-school-self created. Your username as well as LINK mirror you as the individual you are now!