How to Edit My Username On Facebook 2019

Many people developed a Facebook account concerning a years back when it appeared onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of secondary school. Against my parents' dreams, I had gotten on Myspace for about a year or two (Mom and Dad if you read this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't want to miss out on the activity.

So I promptly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, troubled, and also a little odd, I created a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so terrific now as a young professional.

If you resemble me and created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're probably in the same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Edit My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username doesn't appear big on your profile or anything. Thankfully. However it does look like part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it beneficial to alter to something better.

Thankfully, it's relatively simple! Comply with along as well as I'll show you just how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you made use of to create your account and your Facebook password. If you likewise developed your Facebook web page a decade ago, you might use a now-defunct email to check in. I recognize I do. There's a very easy way to upgrade that while altering your LINK, which I'll enter into later on.

Step 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your good friends' involvements as well as babies as well as intoxicated nights out will certainly occupy your screen. Possibly you'll also find some brand-new Facebook 3D photos.

Seek to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the very right, you'll see a small arrowhead pointing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're now on, take a look at the second choice from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to change your username and LINK.

Now that there are 2.23 billion month-to-month active Facebook customers out there, it might be tough to find up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will allow you know if the username is offered or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



As soon as you discover an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a brand-new Facebook username as well as Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are using an outdated e-mail, this is likewise the area you can change that! Straight below username is a field called Contact, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently make use of.

Step 4: Examine Facebook LINK.

To inspect that your changes have actually conserved, browse to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name located in the leading right corner.

As soon as on your profile, consider the URL. It should be your new one!

Appreciate your brand-new Facebook username.

Now you no more need to live under whatever label your high-school-self developed. Your username and also LINK mirror you as the person you are now!